keskiviikko 6. lokakuuta 2021

Superliminal

 Here is another short blog, not because I got lazy, I'm writing this mere hours after finishing the game, but because the game was really short I finished it in 97 minutes and one of my steam friends has an achievement for finishing it in under an hour.


Superliminal is a game that was released in 2019 and as far as I know it got a pretty good reception and I understand why, it was a good game


The Game

Superliminal is a very simple puzzle game. You manipulate your surroundings, mainly different objects, by changing the perspective. If an item looks big, it is big and vice versa. I've played one other game like this, I believe it was just called perspective or something like that. It was game that you had to download from some random website so it might not be easy to find. This makes for a very interesting puzzle game, the problem was that there was not a lot of it. Different kinds of puzzles run out very quickly and most of the game is about it's story rather than the puzzles. And the story is good, but I wish there was more to actually do or figure out. 


The Story

The story of the game is very interesting. Mainly the point is that you are in some sort of sleep simulation and are trying to change your perspective in life. I'm not going to go too much into it but the story is very good and worth playing, there is even a little life lesson at the end of the game.

The game and the story overall is very portal like. You are first playing through constructed levels and soon you go off the path you are meant to go through and find yourself behind the scenes so to speak. Only thing is that those constructed levels are very few. This makes sense for the story overall but like I mentioned before, I wish there was more of the game and that would have been a perfect spot to elongate the game, by making more of those early levels that are more focused on the puzzles.


TL;DR

Overall the game was a lot of fun but it was way way way too short. There is some sort of speedrun mode as well, I believe, but I don't see much sense in that since this game is mainly about puzzles and story, both of which lose their replayability after the first go. For this reason I can only give this game 7/10

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti